1 year Hospitality Placement
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a 1 Year Hospitality Placement. During your rotations, you will move between all parts of our operation within the Hotel, including Food and Beverage and Rooms Division.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Food and Beverage
Here at Royal Berkshire, we have 1 Restaurant, 1 Bar, 11 function and meeting rooms which offer a variety of Events & Weddings. When rotating through these areas of the business you will experience all elements of service, and develop a deep understanding of food and beverage.
Comprised of Housekeeping and Guest Services this part of the rotation will give you in-depth product knowledge in terms of our bedrooms and their features, and enable you to understand what goes into getting our amazing place ready for guests. You will also learn all about the front desk and all the processes needed to check in, out and provide the best experience.
As placement students you will also have the opportunity to attend a Head of Department meeting, where you will sit with the managers of the Hotel and be involved in business discussions and decisions.
There may also be an opportunity for you to spend some time cross training in the specialisms of Accounts, Human Resources and Sales should this be of interest.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Placement student will be/ have;
- Currently studying a relevant degree in Hospitality or Hotel Management – this placement opportunity is for ‘sandwich’ placement years only (No graduate applications at this time)
- A passion for pleasing to ensure our guests has a happy experience.
- Previous experience as a Food and Beverage Assistant / Waiter/ess / Housekeeper (preferable but not essential)
- An interest, and appreciation of fine food & wine
- Confident communicator – important to liaise with your guests and your other team members.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.