In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous Hotels set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeking an Accounts Assistant to join our small and friendly team to assist in the smooth and efficient running of our accounts function.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Accounts Assistant will be busy doing the following:
- Reporting and reconciling daily cash takings for hotel and restaurant.
- Making up daily banking.
- Reconciling credit card takings.
- Preparing analysis of complimentaries and discounts.
- Petty cash control.
- Bank Reconciliation.
- Input of purchase ledger invoices into Sage.
- Coding, matching with delivery notes and purchase orders.
- Processing payment runs, supplier queries.
- Recharges to group.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Producing invoices
- Chasing up outstanding debts
- Providing creditors with VAT receipts
- Dealing with invoicing queries in an effective and timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us
- Experienced in cash handling and accounting.
- Ideally studying towards AAT or similar.
- A team player and willing to assist other member of the accounts and hotel team if needed.
- Must be numerate, with a key attention to detail.
- A confident communicator both with internal and external customers.
- Excellent IT skills particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of SAGE accounting would be a distinct advantage.
- Self motivated and be able to work to tight deadlines.
Your day will consist of 8.5 hours, (half an hour for lunch), equates to 40 hours a week.
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Hotels and Venues are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
• Competitive salary
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Complimentary car parking
• Perkz discount scheme
• Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
• Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you
Like any hotel group we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 things we look for:
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told him to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guess you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.
Exclusive Hotels and Venues