In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking an Accounts Assistant who will join our accounts team of 5 at Pennyhill Park Hotel & Spa.
Are you looking for your first exciting role in Accounts? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be fundamental in the day to day processing tasks of this busy accounts department.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Responsible for the reconciliation of cash/credit card payments, daily banking of all monies.
- Ensure daily Income audit completed in a timely manner.
- Overall responsibility re the correct workings of the Hotels banking and cash management, Allocations, Revenue Control/Audit and overview of Petty Cash/float systems.
- Prepare bank reconciliation ensuring all payments/receipts are entered accurately.
- Reconcile all Petty Cash/Floats reporting discrepancies to Financial Controller.
- Process all purchase ledger invoices onto Sage, matching to orders on EPIC order system and delivery notes. Coding and checking of details and prices.
- Reconciling supplier statements and chasing missing invoices.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Accounts Assistant will be;
- Ideally studying towards AAT or recently graduated from a relevant degree.
- A team player and willing to assist other member of the accounts and hotel team if needed.
- Must be numerate, with a key attention to detail.
- A confident communicator both with internal and external customers.
- Excellent IT skills particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of SAGE accounting would be a distinct advantage.
- Self motivated and be able to work to tight deadlines.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.