In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking an Apprentice Greenkeeper at our championship golf course in Castle Combe. Nestled in 365 acres of Cotswold countryside and designed by Peter Alliss and Clive Clark, you would assist with all aspects of the maintenance of the estate, ensuring the course conditions are maintained and exceeded to meet player demand and the ever changing weather conditions.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our successful Greenkeeper Apprentice will be trained and developed in the following areas;
- Mowing all playing surfaces to a high and presentable standard.
- Applying top dressing and repairing divots.
- Scarifying, verticutting and aerating turf.
- Maintaining bunkers.
- Setting up the golf course in accordance with the rules of golf i.e. changing holes and moving tee markers.
- Monitoring the condition of the turf. Checking for diseases, insects, weeds and other imperfections.
- Play your part in maintaining the estate to the standard required by a 5* establishment, ensuring guest areas are well presented.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal Apprentice Greenkeeper will have;
- A willingness to learn
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- A love for early morning starts!
- Flexibility to work with in all weathers
- A positive approach
- A team player
- A great communicator
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.