Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager
In a Nutshell
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Conference & Banqueting professional.
This role is instrumental in ensuring that all Conference and Banqueting operations run successfully and in line with all guest requirements. It's a hands on position where you are expected to not only manage the team but also work alongside them, leading by example and demonstrating luxury standards.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Ensure that guests expectations are met at all times and aim to exceed these expectations in all areas of C&B
- Support the operational teams in delivering exceptional standards
- Leading from the front by running and overseeing events. Remaining hands on within this busy food and beverage operation.
- Ensure that all C&B department standards remain consistent in the absence of the C&B Manager.
- Build a strong relationship with every client. Ensure that every meeting or event organiser is met on arrival, receives a warm welcome and thorough briefing to check every detail and establish other requirements.
- Ensure every meeting receives a debrief to check satisfaction and thank them for using the hotel ( also providing any opportunity to create future sales leads to pass to the Sales team).
- Assisting the C&B Manager in the recruitment of permanent and casual team members.
- Support the training of the team to enable them to deliver a consistently high level of service.
- Ensure function rooms are set up as per the function sheet and that our standards are maintained.
- Optimise opportunities to hit and exceed budgeted targets
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Assistant C&B Manager will have;
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience in a similar 4 to 5 star standard hotel within a conference and banqueting department
- Flexibility to work different shift patterns
- Customer Service experience and commitment to delivering this to a high standard
- The ability to listen and respond to guest needs
- Well presented
- Good time keeping and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Can use initiative and have problem solving skill
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.