Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous Hotels and Venues set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
As Assistant Food & Beverage Manager you will always be busy looking after the team and our guests so this role will require stamina, energy and enthusiasm in spades. We have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to be part of something special here at the Royal Berkshire. Our perfect candidate will be someone who has a passion for Food and Beverage and who knows how to communicate this to the team.
Your organisation skills will be put to good use joining a big F&B team, being responsible operationally for the restaurant, bar and conference & banqueting. Our beautiful location and fabulous grounds provide a wonderful environment to work.
Our friendly and hospitable team will deliver a warm and welcoming service, ensuring our guests have everything they need to make their time with us memorable. Your role is to nurture the team and to play a key role in the guest experience.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for…
- Manage from the front by running and overseeing events. Remaining hands on within this busy food and beverage operation.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work as part of a team and to constantly evaluate, train and improve the experience of our guests.
- Team management to include, employee relations, absence management, training and development and employee engagement.
- Support SOP’s for your area that can form a training manual for new recruits.
- Optimise opportunities to hit and exceed budgeted targets assisting the HOD in forecasting the business in terms of covers and sales figures.
- Encourage up selling and on selling to optimise revenue
- Manage the outlet employees and facilitate effective rotas, stock control and asset management
- Remain aware of business trends, systems and practices within the food and beverage industry to enable us remain current and open to opportunities to improve the profitability of the department.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us
Our successful Assistant Food & Beverage Manager will have …
- Strong Restaurant and events service background from within hotel or venue sector, minimum 4 star standard.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Commercially astute and financially aware
- Be highly organised
- Proven record as a strong team leader
- Have an eye for detail
- Ideally possess a strong knowledge of wines and cheeses
- Have an ability to supervise team members ensuring they deliver consistent quality of service
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are required
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be determined to create a memorable guest experience
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.