Assistant Restaurant Manager - Breakfast
In a Nutshell
We have a new and exciting role for a Assistant Restaurant Manager - Breakfast. You're going to need to be an early bird for this role, as you will manage the day to day operation of the Restaurant Service, specifically concentrating on the breakfast/lunch service, organising the team to ensure a flawless service for our guests. You will deputise for the Restaurant Manager in all areas including service, staffing, product offering and revenue. If this role sounds like its for you, read on and apply.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Manage the restaurant team in delivering exceptional standards in the restaurant during breakfast and lunch services
- Manage from the front by running and overseeing events. Remaining hands on within this busy food and beverage operation
- Work as part of a team and to constantly evaluate, train and improve the experience of our guests
- Team management to include, employee relations, absence management, training and development and employee engagement.
- Support the welfare and motivation of the Restaurant team
- Work with Human Resources to effectively resource the best talent for the business
- Optimise opportunities to hit and exceed budgeted targets assisting the Restaurant Manager in forecasting the business in terms of covers and sales figures
- Facilitate effective rotas, stock control and asset management
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal Assistant Restaurant Manager - Breakfast will have:
- Strong Restaurant and/or events service background from within hotel or venue sector, minimum 4 star standard.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Commercially astute and financially aware
- Be highly organised
- Proven record as a strong team leader
- Have an eye for detail
- Have an ability to supervise team members ensuring they deliver consistent quality of service
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are demanded from a 5* establishment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be determined to create a memorable guest experience
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.