Banqueting Commis Chef
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Commis Chef to help prepare and cook delicious food for our guests on a large scale in our banqueting kitchen.
We are proud of the fact that we work with local sourced ingredients wherever we can and that our guests frequently comment that our food is truly delicious (no microwave in sight!)!
Lots to do but lots of fun
As a Commis Chef you will work as part of the banqueting brigade producing food for a range of guest events (from weddings to board meetings), for our delicious Bar, Lounge and Terrace and afternoon tea menu and not forgetting creating tasty food for our own teams as well.
To be aware of daily resort business and ‘what’s in’ so you can be prepared for your day and tasks. Always read function sheets on a daily basis and be aware of requirements. Have a good knowledge of all menus to include conference, banqueting, weddings and Bar, Lounge and Terrace. To work as per standards and ensure consistency at all times. To follow all health and safety, food safety and allergens training fully and responsibly. To complete all risk assessments and training as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- NVQ level 3 in Food Preparation/ and or a great passion for cooking and food.
- Confident communicator – important to liaise with other team members (and yes that includes the front of house team)
- Ability to manage your own time. (In order not to burn anything!)
- Knowledge of COSHH guidelines to carry out your role safely. (Training will be provided).
- Your day will consist of 9.5 hours, (half an hour for lunch), straight shifts equates to 48 hours a week.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Management Incentive
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you
Like any hotel group we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 things we look for:
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told him to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guess you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.