In a Nutshell
We are actively recruiting for the position of Beverage Supervisor in our new concept restaurant 'Hillfield' at Pennyhill Park. Do you have a passion for matching beverage and wines with foods? If so, read on. In this exciting role, you will make recommendations and sales of wines and other beverages to our guests and support the team in the day to day operation of the department. For more information, check out the 'Lots to do, but lots of fun' section and apply today!
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Ensuring an effective wine and beverage service in the restaurant at all times
- Being aware of all bookings and any special guest requirements
- Ensuring all wine recommendations are appropriate and current
- Be knowledgeable about the beverage industry, including new beverages, service styles and trends, in order to provide a tailored, up to date service for our guests
- Carry out wine tasting sessions with guests as required either in the restaurant or at special events
- Day to day supervision of the Restaurant & Bar service team to include; employee welfare, performance, absence management etc
- To ensure that shift briefing is carried out on every shift
- Stock and inventory control on a monthly basis
- Ensuring the team are all aware of any promotional items and how to up-sell appropriately
- Train the team on all beverages and wines on the menu
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal Beverages Supervisor will have:
- Minimum Level 2 certification in Wines & Spirits obtained from the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) or equivalent
- Previous experience as a junior sommelier/ bartender or supervisor/ in a high volume restaurant
- Comprehensive knowledge of world wines and beverages
- Excellent knowledge and genuine passion for food
- Exceptional customer service standards
- Experience of managing a team
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Confident, professional and welcoming
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.