Brasserie Restaurant Supervisor
In a Nutshell
We’re a fabulous collection of hotels, spas, a golf club, a cookery school and even a pub set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeking a Brasserie Restaurant Supervisor who will take responsibilities for the smooth running of the department alongside the Restaurant Manager. You will work as part of a team to constantly evaluate, train and improve the experience of our guests.
Your organisation skills will be put to good use working within a large team, being responsible operationally for the Brasserie Restaurant. Our beautiful location and fabulous grounds set in the Surrey countryside provide a wonderful environment to work in. We offer our guests the best possible experience whether an early morning breakfast, a wonderful buffet at lunch or some delicious a la carte choices at dinner.
Our friendly and hospitable team will deliver a welcoming and luxurious service, ensuring our guests have everything they need to make their time with us memorable.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The responsibilities of our successful Restaurant Supervisor will be to;
- Supervise, co-ordinate and where necessary, participate in the activities of all Restaurant team members to ensure the Restaurant standards are maintained and that outstanding customer service is delivered.
- Assist in training team members, conducting meetings and briefings in order to maintain standards.
- Assist the Manager in communicating relevant information within the Restaurant and with all other necessary departments.
- Promote a culture of up selling within the Restaurant team.
- Assist in running all Restaurant shifts, ensuring all team members adhere to the Restaurant standards of service.
- Attend to guest’s requests and comments regarding food and beverage.
- Deal with and record complaints from guests and all other significant activities in the Restaurant shift report and inform Restaurant Manager or Duty Manager on shift.
- Ensure stock takes for crockery, china are carried out on a monthly basis
- Monitor that the Restaurant cleaning rotas and procedures are carried out on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure that a briefing is completed at the beginning of every shift.
- Ensure that function sheets are being printed daily and communicated amongst the team.
- Ensure the point of sale system is being, corrected, updated, or notified to the Assistant/Restaurant Manager.
- Assist in ensuring adequate supplies and materials and prepare requisitions when necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Restaurant Supervisor will …
- Previous experience as a Chef de Rang/ Supervisor level in a similar role
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Be highly organised
- Have an eye for detail
- Possess a strong knowledge of food, wines and cheeses
- Have an ability to supervise team members ensuring they deliver consistent quality of service
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Excellent communication skills
- Be determined to create a memorable guest experience
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about people and we are committed to our people. We make sure you are happy and well rewarded, so that you pass that happiness onto our guest. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Complimentary car parking
• Perkz discount scheme
• Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
• Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.