In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous places set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeking a Breakfast Chef to work as part of the hotel kitchen brigade. The Breakfast Chef plays a key role in the food production and food service within the hotel at breakfast and lunch times.
Working hard to ensure that the highest hygiene standards are maintained at all times and ensuring that the designated kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always clean and tidy and to the standards required.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Breakfast Chef will be responsible for;
- Preparing all breakfast food items, hot and cold ready for daily service
- Assist the kitchen brigade with basic mise en place and preparation for lunch items
- Ordering all required breakfast food items using the kitchen ordering system
- Ensure that the highest standards of food hygiene and safety are maintained at all times
- Ensure that equipment and utensils are kept clean and hygienic at all times
- Assisting the Demi and Chef de Partie in the smooth, safe, and efficient running of the kitchen operations, through food services and functions throughout the day.
- Having an understanding of specified food margins, and ensuring these are adhered to and achieved consistently, through close liaison with the Demi / Chef de Partie.
- Follow all recipe guidelines and standards as set by senior chefs
- Ensuring the quality of the food is of the exceptional standard expected, when dining at our Hotel.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Breakfast Chef will have;
- A true passion for food
- Have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Preferably similar experience from within a luxury hotel or venue kitchen
- Good kitchen & knife skills
- Have a good understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Possess a willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from within a luxury hotel
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across the Exclusive Collection
- Discounts on food and beverage across the Exclusive Collection
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guess you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.