Bybrook Junior Sous Chef
In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous Hotels and Venues set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
The Bybrook - The Manor House Hotel’s premier fine dining experience. This exclusive, 50 cover restaurant enables guests to enjoy the highest quality cuisine complemented by unparalleled service. Awarded his first Michelin Star in 2016, Chef Rob Potter offers a technically complex, yet engaging menu with classical themes and flavours staying true to themselves. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Sous Chef to join the Bybrook kitchen brigade and help prepare these amazing dishes.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Ensure smooth running of the kitchen operation at all times
- Understanding of and implementation of sound stock control
- Good communication skills within the kitchen and with other departments.
- To be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- Assist the Head Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives for your section
- Make sure the standard of food and service are executed to the highest standard at all times
- Ordering of stock as necessary in conjunction with the Head Chef
- Controlling food wastage and shrinkage
- Maintain the highest levels of food hygiene and health and safety at all times.
- Support and monitor training and development of new staff in kitchen
- Carry out any reasonable request by the Head chef or general manager
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Junior Sous Chef will have;
- A proven, successful background from within a similar luxury hospitality environment
- A true passion for food
- Ability to help other team members
- Financial Acumen
- Ability to improve standards and implemented new ideas
- Initiative and creativity
- Effective communication skills
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.