Chef de Partie - Pastry
To maintain standards and ensure smooth running of the kitchen in accordance with the Head Pastry Chef’s instruction. To maintain ongoing training with all chefs and ensure that the day to day work lists are completed. To comply with and maintain Food Hygiene and Safety standards, Health and Safety, COSHH, and the recording food temperatures.
The Chef de Partie Pastry will be responsible for
- Assisting the Pastry Chef they will ensure a smooth service from preparation to plating.
- Running the section through service, and where appropriate guiding and coaching the more junior members of the team.
- Ensuring standards are met and maintained by all and demonstrating high levels of attention to detail and pride in the dishes that you produce.
- To complete Health and Safety and Food Safety training
- Understanding of and implementation of sound stock control and product costs.
- Good communication skills within the kitchen sections and with other hotel departments.
- To be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- To help and assist Head Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
- Training and development of more junior members of the team
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful Chef de Partie - Pastry will have;
- Proven experience from within a similar luxury hospitality environment
- A true passion for food and specifically for pastry items
- Have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Good kitchen & knife skills
- Have a thorough understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Possess a willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
- Experience of supervising and guiding others
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Hotels and Venues are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Exclusive Hotels and Venues is a family owned collection of six individual and characterful country house hotels and venues situated across the south of England. Offering every imaginable leisure, wedding, meeting and training requirement and more they are all situated in beautiful locations, surrounded by acres of stunning countryside and gardens.
Exclusive Hotels and Venues