Chef de Rang - Latymer Restaurant
In a Nutshell
The Latymer - Pennyhill Park Hotel’s premier fine dining experience. This exclusive, 50 cover, flagship restaurant enables guests to enjoy the highest quality cuisine complemented by unparalleled service. Awarded their first Michelin Star in 2017, Chef Steve Smith offers a technically complex, yet engaging menu with classical themes and flavours staying true to themselves. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chef de Rang.
In the role of Chef de Rang, you will be expected to work effectively as part of a team ensuring that all operations within the dining room run smoothly.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Chef de Rang will be responsible for…
- Supervising junior team members
- Supporting the Supervisor in the smooth running of the section
- Delivering excellent standards of service in a friendly and professional manner to our guests
- Assist with training and development of junior team members
- Proactively welcoming and greeting all guests and visitors to the Restaurant and the Hotel
- Assist in the set up of the restaurant before service, ensuring all required items are stocked and ready
- Seat guests offering them menus, drinks and providing explanations of the menu when required
- Deal efficiently and courteously with all guest queries
- Ensuring the restaurant environment is always maintained and cleaned to a high standard both during and after service
- Delivering consistent, exceptional service in line with the luxury standards
- Excellent knowledge of restaurant menus to be able to offer guidance and make recommendations
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Chef de Rang will have;
- Experience as a Chef de Rang in a similar restaurant or Hotel environment
- Outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills
- Immaculate presentation at all times
- Excellent knowledge of food and beverage
- Ability to supervisor more junior team members
- A professional and proactive approach to guest service
- The ability to work under pressure and to multi task
- Good food and beverage knowledge
- Possess a strong understanding of the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Have a creative mind with a passion and respect for the provenance of food
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Collection
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.