In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Commis Chef to help prepare and cook delicious food for our guests.
We are proud of the fact that we work with local sourced ingredients wherever we can and that our guests frequently comment that our food is truly delicious (no microwave in sight!)! It is not all about the kitchen - our Chefs also get involved in Pop up Restaurants, Food Festivals, winning competitions, networking with colleges - check them out, and if this is the kind of career you want-, apply now!
Lots to do but lots of fun
As a Commis Chef you will rotate through the different sections of the kitchen so you get learn to a variety of skills. During your shift you will support and assist the senior chefs in bringing the recipes to life.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- NVQ level 3 in Food Preparation/ and or a great passion for cooking and food.
- Confident communicator – important to liaise with other team members (and yes that includes the front of house team)
- Ability to manage your own time. (In order not to burn anything!)
- Knowledge of COSHH guidelines to carry out your role safely. (Training will be provided).
- Your day will consist of 9.5 hours, (half an hour for lunch), straight shifts equates to 48 hours a week.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.