Conference and Banqueting Head Chef
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Conference & Banqueting Head Chef is responsible and accountable for delivering exceptional guest focused dining experiences, as well as ensuring that all team members are fully trained and consistently achieve the standards expected within our busy Conference and Banqueting private dining rooms.
- Liaise with relevant Managers and Chefs daily to confirm and deliver all catering needs.
- Creating and assisting in the production of suitable menu designs for the relevant event or area of food service within the hotel.
- Ensuring the quality of food and standards of presentation are of the exceptional levels expected when dining at the hotel.
- Evaluate Industry trends and initiate product improvements to ensure we remain competitive and leaders in our market.
- Team recruitment, appraisals and performance management. Inclusive of payroll forms and ATR’s to budgeted levels.
- Assisting the team in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the kitchen operation
- Working with the Executive Chef, to coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place proper induction training and ongoing training and development for all.
- To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Follow Hotel procedures with respect to grooming, performance and conduct standards, occupational health and safety, emergency procedures and all other hotel policies and procedures as detailed in the employee handbook.
- Manage the communication throughout the kitchen for any business activity, encourage team work and flexibility.
- Managing relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Fully understanding food GP margins and ensuring these are adhered to and achieved consistently, through close liaison with the Executive Chef.
- Housekeeping and general preventative Maintenance of the kitchen ensuring equipment and facilities are in good working order. Structural issues are addressed and Maintenance log maintained.
- Manage stock control and food purchasing in line with hotel requirements
- Working with the Executive Chef, to plan the yearly food revenue and profit targets to meet the required GP%.
- Developing new menus and food items in line with the tastes and dining requirements of the hotel guests and visitors.
- Be familiar with Brand standards and act as a monitor of these to ensure all literature/material is on brand.
- Have good knowledge of other properties in the Group.
- Be confident in the history of South Lodge and the Exclusive Collection
- Visit other properties and build a good relationship with other Head Chefs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Our ideal candidate will have a true passion for food.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a conference centre or hotel.
- Strong kitchen background from within hotel or restaurant sector, preferably at a 5* and Rosette standard.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Commercially astute and financially aware.
- Highly organised.
- Proven record as a strong team leader.
- Flexibility to work hours required by the business Commitment and mobility Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
Hospitality is all about people and the Exclusive Collection are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
The Exclusive Collection is a family owned collection of six individual and characterful country house properties situated across the south of England. Offering every imaginable leisure, wedding, meeting and training requirement and more they are all situated in beautiful locations, surrounded by acres of stunning countryside and gardens.