Conference and Banqueting Manager
This role is instrumental in ensuring that all Conference and Banqueting operations run succesfully and in line with all guest requirements. A hands on position where you are expected to not only manage the team but also work alongside them, leading by example and demonstrating luxury standards.
Our successful Conference and Banqueting Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities;
- Ensuring Function room set ups are as per function sheet and that our standards are maintained.
- Ensure back of house storage areas are well maintained, replenished and in working order.
- Attend morning meetings with chefs/head waiters to determine function requirements daily.
- Anticipate function needs, respond promptly and create solutions to issues that may arise.
- Maintain complete knowledge of Delphi BEO format in order to determine function requirements and trouble shooting.
- To comply with statutory and legal requirements for fire, health and safety, licensing and employment and to check that members of the team are working within these standards.
- Implementation of ‘standards of procedure’ manual.
- On going training and development of banqueting team.
- Advise and support Assistant Manager, conference and banqueting team on a daily basis as and when business needs are to be met
- Recruitment of full time and casual staff.
- Appraising and performance management of casual and full time staff
- To promote sales awareness positively within the Department and to maximise sales opportunities.
- To assist in creating an environment which promotes positive staff morale and encourages employees to have a pride in the area and their skills ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Have a sound knowledge of Audio Visual Requirements and provide technical support to guests and training to staff alike.
- Evaluate Industry trends and ensure conference needs are redeveloped to satisfy new customer demands.
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful Conference and Banqueting Manager will have…
- Strong C&B or F&B service background from within the luxury hotel or venue sector.
- Outstanding C&B and F&B knowldge and preferably experience of working with accolades.
- Would suit strong deputy looking for first HOD role.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Commercially astute and financially aware.
- Excellent team leadership skills.
- Highly organised and efficient approach required with excellent time management.
- Ability to manage varying needs and prioritising to ensure best business results.
- Energy, drive and stamina.
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Collection are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
- Competitive salary
- Management Incentive Plan
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Collection
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Exclusive Collection is a family owned collection of six individual and characterful country house hotels and venues situated across the south of England. Offering every imaginable leisure, wedding, meeting and training requirement and more they are all situated in beautiful locations, surrounded by acres of stunning countryside and gardens.