We are actively seeking a Course Manger to take assertive and effective ownership of the Golf Course to ensure that the whole course is maintained to a consistently high standard.
The role will act on innovative ideas and implement them where possible and relevant. They will also be responsible for developing and motivating the team, to ensure they are trained to a high standard in order to deliver the attention to detail required.
The Course Manager will be required to communicate in an effective manner and demonstrate orderly financial and administrative controls, with particular emphasis on Health and Safety.
Our Course Manager at Manor House Golf Club will be responsible for:
- Communicating with the members on a regular basis to keep them updated with course related matters.
- Form part of the staff tournament team to help deliver exceptional tournaments for both members and our guests.
- Attending quarterly course walks with the Captains, maintaining a list of tasks and liaising with the Golf Club manager on action plans to maintain quality and presentation of course.
- Manage rotas, time and attendance systems, overtime authorisation, attending supplier meetings.
- Supervising and supporting a team of 6 full time and 2 part time Greenkeepers , scheduling work on a day to day basis.
- Undertaking winter project works, (eg managing the construction of dry stone walling to provide a solution to erosion on the green)
- Producing and achieving a running cost budget, negotiating with suppliers to obtain the very best pricing for products in accordance with our purchasing procedures.
- Keeping up to date with new technology and innovations
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of irrigation systems
- Ensuring golf course is presented in the best condition by liaising with the Golf Club Manager and making recommendations
- Managing all Health and Safety documentation (risk assessments, training matrix, COSHH, ensuring legally required certification is acquired.
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful Course Manager will have:
- Level 2/3 in Sports Turf Management, or working towards the qualification
- Pa1, Pa2 and Pa6 spraying qualification preferred or prepared to achieve
- Chainsaw licence is preferable but not essential
- Full valid driving licence
- 3 – 5 years experience of greenkeeping/golf course
- Supervisory experience is required
- Knowledge of modern machinery
- Flexible approach to work, working hours and weekend duties
- Highly motivated and with an ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Good communication skills a) with the membership in order to build good relationships and b) with the team to motivate and support
- Ideally a golfer or having a sound knowledge and understanding of the game and course performance
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Collection
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive Collection.
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.