Demi Chef de Partie - Pastry
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking an experienced Demi Chef de Partie to work in our pastry section. You will have a passion for all things pastry, guest satisfaction and teamwork whilst letting your skills and character shine through.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Demi Chef de Partie Pastry will be responsible for;
- Assisting the Pastry Chef they will ensure a smooth service from preparation to plating.
- Helping to Run sections within the kitchen through service, and where appropriate guiding and coaching the more junior members of the team.
- Ensuring standards are met and maintained by you and the team, demonstrating high levels of attention to detail and pride in the dishes that you produce.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us
Our successful Demi Chef de Partie Pastry will have…
- A true passion for food.
- Keen and enthusiastic attitude coupled with drive, energy and stamina
- Ability to work under pressure in a hot environment
- Ambition to succeed, willingness to work hard and and strong desire to learn
- Impart knowledge and share skills with Commis Chefs
- Assist the team to maintain quality, standards and cleanliness
- Flexibility to work hours required by the business
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
- A high level of understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Previous experience in a similar environment.
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are demanded from a 5* establishment.
- Relishes the pressure of the kitchen environment.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.