In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous Hotels and Venues set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeking an Events Manager to manage & drive the team responsible for Conference, Banqueting, Season Corporate & Weddings segment to maximise potential revenue
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our successful candidate will be responsible for..
- Anticipate clients needs where possible to enhance the quality of service and positively promote sales to maximise revenue.
- To host the weekly BEO meeting representing for the department ensuring the information is correct and concise to enable the operations to plan for the week ahead. Minutes of the meeting to be issued weekly for follow-up of queries.
- Prepare and deliver wow show rounds to clients and sell the hotel to the best of its potential.
- Make decisions and create wow experience for bookings working with the operations teams.
- Day to day management of the events team and support of the reservations team.
- Hold quarterly job chats with the events team to provide development plans that meet the business needs as well as the individual.
- Review the BEO’s making decisions on room changes & identify any operational challenges.
- Process & make decisions on MAR.
- Manage conversion in line with agreed targets.
- Participate and motivate team to make monthly re-book calls set by the Revenue & Sales Manager.
- Ensure an understanding of the budget and financial reports to assist with the development and implementation of the new budget and sales plan.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal candidate will have...
- Previous luxury hotel experience from within the sales or events fields.
- Strong focus on rate management, revenue generation and business conversion.
- Proven team leadership skills.
- High Level of attention to detail.
- Outstanding guest care focus with an open and service orientated approach.
- Strong understanding of the luxury hotel market and preferably of our key competitors.
- Excellent communication abilities and be comfortable presenting at all levels within the business.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told him to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guess you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.