Food and Beverage Host/ Hostess
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Food & Beverage Host/ Hostess to work as part of the Food and Beverage team. You will be someone who would like to be the friendly face our guests meet when the Bar or Restaurant. This is a pivotal role, to ensure all our guests experience a warm welcome to their chosen dining area. You will guide the guests to their seats in a professional and timely manner and speak about the menu in a knowledgeable and passionate manner.
If you think this could be the role for you, apply today.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
Our Food and Beverage Host/ Hostess will be responsible for;
- Ensuring efficient meet and greet techniques are used whilst demonstrating courtesy, politeness and always a smile
- Maintaining a full and current knowledge of our menus and daily specials
- Having a full knowledge of restaurant table plans and sittings
- Ensuring a good level of communication with the Kitchen
- Upselling where possible
- Ensuring that bills are prepared with accuracy and that payment procedures are adhered to at all times
- Reporting to the Restaurant Manager any queries, complaints or comments received by the guests
- Monitoring and updating the reservation diary
- Ensuring daily POS and PDQ shift procedures are followed
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Food and Beverage Host/ Hostess will have;
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A good knowledge of food and beverages
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent command of the English language, written and verbal
- Passion for hospitality and service
- Excellent sales and upselling ability
- Outstanding personal appearance and hygiene
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Excellent organisational skills
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.