In a Nutshell
An exciting rare opportunity has arisen for a General Manager to lead the Operations Team at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa.
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa is based upon 123 acres of Surrey parkland. The property has 124 beautifully designed bedrooms which are individually styled. Our Spa boasts 45,000 sq. ft, 21 treatment rooms, a Gym with the latest equipment and unrivalled luxury facilities - awarded Best Spa in the South East of 2018 by the Good Spa Guide. It doesn’t stop here; we have a busy Food and Beverage Department with Conference and Events catering for weddings and corporate meetings throughout the year. In addition, we have 2 award-winning restaurants, a restaurant in The Spa, The Ascot Bar, lounges and terraces, and private dining rooms
Lots to do but lots of fun
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for:
- Establishing short and long term plans for the Hotel & Spa, including allocating resources and establishing effective measurement and accountability to ensure successful implementation of projects.
- Managing strategic sales and marketing as well as daily operational and financial management.
- Managing strategic HR in conjunction with Group Human Resources Manager and Human Resources team.
- Managing Food and Beverage Operations in order that the guest receives the best possible experience in terms of product and service.
- Mentoring and developing direct reports, setting clear and measurable objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- As already mentioned - lots of energy, drive and stamina to lead and motivate the team!
- A dedicated people person who is focused on developing our people and ensuring our guests experience a fabulous stay.
- Proven luxury hotel/ resort experience in a previous General Manager role is essential.
- In depth knowledge of food and beverages and front of house (including systems).
- Confident communicator – important for guest, team members and dealing with other departments and external clients.
- Commercially astute and financially aware to make the right profitable decisions regarding the day to day running of the hotel & spa.
- An Influencer, able to maximise sales and control revenue capture.
- Ability to adapt to market conditions to ensure the best business results.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about people and we are committed to our people. We make sure you are happy and well rewarded, so that you pass that happiness onto our guest. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
• Competitive salary, benefits package and incentive scheme
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Complimentary car parking
• Perkz discount scheme
• Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
• Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.