To assist with all aspects of the maintenance of the estate, ensuring the estate is kept to the highest standard for our guests.
Our sccessful Greenkeeper will be responsible for;
- Assisting the Estates Manager in undertaking their responsibilities
- Monitoring the condition of the turf and gardens checking for diseases, insects, weeds and other imperfections.
- Recognising the correct mower settings, mower patterns and be able to make adjustments of the cutting height and quality
- Being fully contactable at all times via the department radio
- Ensuring that the fuel supply is maintained at the appropriate levels.
- In the absence of the Estates Manager undertaking additional responsibilities; organising and delegating daily tasks as well as weekly and monthly work programmes
- Liaising with the maintenace on all breakdowns and machinery matters
- Ensuring that all pesticides and fertiliser records are updated daily
- Completing tasks to the standard required, training other members of the team to perform to these standards
- Maintaining the estate to the standard required by a 5* establishment, ensuring guest areas are well presented.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal Greenkeeper will have;
• At least 3/5 years practical experience, with preferably ½ a year in a management role
• Qualified to NVQ level 2
• Chainsaw Certificate
• PA1 & PA2 spraying certificate
• Experience with Mower operation
• To be familiar with Irrigation systems, particularly pumphouse operation
• Experience with turf grass machinery
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Hotels and Venues are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
• Competitive salary
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Complimentary car parking
• Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
• Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Exclusive Hotels and Venues is a family owned collection of six individual and characterful country house hotels and venues situated across the south of England. Offering every imaginable leisure, wedding, meeting and training requirement and more they are all situated in beautiful locations, surrounded by acres of stunning countryside and gardens.