Guest Relations Coordinator
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Guest Relations Coordinator who will provide and enhance an exceptional guest experience, focusing on the smallest of gestures, leading onto going the extra mile. You must also strive to inspire the Front of House team in all areas of guest services and ensure that each and every guest receives a memorable service.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Responsible for the provision of a seamless guest experience by providing considered and personalised service
- In collaboration with the Guest Relations Manager, review and improve the guest journey in response to guest feedback.
- To ensure a high level of engagement with guests throughout their stay to make them feel at home and to create a warm experience
- Support the reception and concierge teams
- Ensure the Front of House team are aware of business in the hotel through use of the arrivals list, prayer sheet, function sheets, occurrence diary or Duty Manager log by hosting a daily morning meeting and using other internal communication channels.
- Ensure all VIPs are flagged accordingly with the correct VIP status, traces & amenities applied on Hart and to conduct research on each guest
- Check all VIP rooms ensuring that all hotel standards are met and that the appropriate amenities are in place
- Provide appropriate welcome cards / crave tablet messages to the guests to ensure special occasions are recognized
- Ensure the VIP arrivals list is up to date and prepared one week in advance and that any relevant information is communicated to the necessary departments
- Be the ambassador in the hotel for guest profiling, ensuring that all information is captured in the correct way and entered onto the HART PMS system, this information is used to enhance the guest’s experience and is to be communicated to relevant departments
- Update guest profiles in HART and proactively use the information stored to support the guest experience, improving and personalising the guest journey accordingly.
- Handle and oversee complaints, ensuring appropriate action is taken to resolve these and to ensure guest satisfaction is maintained, concluding with guest follow-up.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Guest Relations Coordinator will be;
- Previous luxury hotel experience is preferred but not essential
- Some experience in creating & hosting events is also preferred but not essential
- Confident, approachable, warm and bubbly personality
- Impeccably groomed
- Natural desire to serve and exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
- Proactive stance to always look to improve standards and service
- Innovative and inspiring with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Well organized and strong time management skills
- Clear and effective communicator
- IT literate
- Flexibility with attitude, approach and working hours (to include weekends and evenings)
- To be able to relate and switch to different circumstances, including sensitive & challenging cases
- To work in confidence with trusted high profile information
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.