Guest Services Manager
In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous Hotels and Venues set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeing a Guest Services Manager to join the team at Fanhams Hall, an Exclusive Hotel. You will be the main point of contact for all guests ensuring everybody is happy.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our successful Guest Services Manager will be responsible for;
- Championing Guest Services within the hotel, upholding all standards and cultural principles.
- Providing an exceptional sense of arrival and the fondest of farewells for all guests.
- To maximise the guest journey.
- To work with the Hotel Operations Manager to identify service lapses and standard drops within the business.
- To create and maintain a strong working relationship with all departments.
- To lead by example, motivate and inspire the Front of House team in all areas of guest service and ensure that each and every guest and visitor has a memorable experience.
- To accept the responsibilities of Duty Management ensuring the smooth efficient and effective running of the hotel, the well being of its guests and employees, and for the protection of the company from potential loss or damage ensuring consistency of product and service.
- Oversee front of house systems, supporting processes and administration to include training and data input
- To be innovative at every opportunity in our approach to the customer during their stay.
- To be well presented and groomed at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Guest Services Manager will …
- Previous front office experience from within a hotel environment is desirable.
- A confident, warm and welcoming personality.
- Impeccable grooming.
- A natural desire to serve and exceed expectations of guests and colleagues.
- A proactive stance to always look to improve standards and service.
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail.
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers, Microsoft packages and preferably hotel PMS.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
- Assist with nights operational tasks in an efficient and timely manner within established procedures when needed.
- Training and development of all nights team and daytime staff on relevant procedures.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Collection
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.
Your day will consist of 8.5 hours, (half an hour for lunch), straight shifts equate to 40 hours a week.