In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous Hotels and Venues set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are now actively recruiting for a Human Resources (HR) Assistant (Maternity Cover) to assist with the provision of an efficient, accurate and consistent support to the HR Manager and HR Co-ordinator thereby ensuring the service offered to all employees through the HR function is supportive, focussed, professional and timely.
Lots to do but lots of fun
- Deal with employee queries in a professional manner.
- Update our internal social media platform “Hubbub” with birthdays and nice to know news.
- Ensure notice boards are kept up to date and eye catching.
- Produce monthly loyalty letters
- Ensure all employee files are kept up to date and accurate on Snowdrop and hard copies maintained.
- Produce offer letters, contracts and new starter packs for our new starters and for Company Induction.
- Ensure references are obtained for all new starters including casual workers prior to commencing employment.
- Ensure colour copies of identification of all staff taken prior to commencement of employment and are eligible to work in the UK.
- General administration duties – change of contract, promotion, salary increase, departmental change and completion of probationary period.
- Manage E-Learning in respect of all new starters, both casuals and permanent, ensuring all employee are compliant with regards to Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- Assist in note taking during any Disciplinary & Grievances.
- Assist with the recruitment process when applicable.
- Book in all new employee’s to attend our customer service training course “Making Guests Happy” within their first 3 month probationary period.
- Accurately load all new starters and process all leavers on Snowdrop ensuring this is clearly communicated to Payroll.
- Produce monthly spreadsheet for payroll detailing new starters, leavers, changes in contract, recommend a friend, loyalty payments & staff accommodation ensuring Snowdrop is updated at all times.
- Time and attendance – ensure all details are uploaded on to the system.
- Collate the paperwork for Company Induction Training ensuring Snowdrop is up dated with all training attendance.
- Ensure all stationary supplies are ordered and levels do not run out.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
The Ideal HR Assistant will have...
- GSCE level (or equivalent) of written and spoken English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Previous experience in HR would be an advantage however happy to train the right personality.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz – our discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Bike to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
Like any hotel group we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.