Head Bar Tender
In a nutshell
We are looking for an experienced Head Bar Tender to lead a small team. The bar is a busy department and is responsible for all lounge service, afternoon teas as well as pre and after dinner drinks.
Lots to do but lots of fun!
The Head Bar Tender will be responsible for…
- Overseeing the hotel bar and all its day to day operations
- Providing outstanding and professional customer service at all times
- Supervising bar team members
- Serving all drinks as required by our guests
- Ensuring the bar is ready for service on time, maintained clean and tidy throughout service and then cleared down at the end of service to the required standards
- Up selling and making recommendations to guests
- Stock management and ordering
- Working with other HODs on any bar promotional activities
- Managing day to day employee relation issues
- Assisting with recruitment of new team members
- Complying to UK Liquor Licensing laws
- Complying to Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations
- Cash handling
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Be highly organised
- Proven record as a strong team leader
- Have an eye for detail
- Possess a strong knowledge of food, wines and cheeses
- Have an ability to supervise team members ensuring they deliver consistent quality of service
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are demanded from a 5* establishment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be determined to create a memorable guest experience
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Collection are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Like any hotel group we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 things we look for:
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.