Reporting to the Golf Club Manager, the Head Chef is responsible and accountable for delivering exceptional guest focused dining experiences, as well as ensuring that all team members are fully trained and consistently achieve the high standards expected within our Club House.
Our successful Head Chef will be responsible for;
- Assisting the team in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the kitchen operation.
- Creating and assisting in the production of suitable innovative menu designs for the relevant event or area of food service within the golf club
- Ensuring the quality of food and standards of presentation are of the exceptional levels expected when dining at the club house
- Coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place proper induction training and ongoing training and development for all
- Assisting with recruitment and selection of new team members
- Managing relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Fully understanding food GP margins and ensuring these are adhered to and achieved consistently.
- Developing new menus and food items in line with the tastes and dining requirements of the club house guests and visitors
- Plan the yearly food revenue and profit targets to meet the required GP%
- Ensuring health, hygiene and safety is adhered to at all times and in accordance with our H&S policies
- Maintaining Food Safety knowledge and qualifications at a minimum of Level 3
- Maintaining the highest standards of food hygiene and HACCAP management and adherence with all food safety requirements in accordance with our Simply Safe management system
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have;
- A true passion for food!
- Strong kitchen background from within a Golf Club or restaurant sector, preferably at a 5* standard
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Commercially astute and financially aware
- Highly organised
- Proven record as a strong team leader
- Keen and enthusiastic attitude coupled with drive, energy and stamina
- Flexibility to work hours required by the business
- Commitment and mobility
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about people and we are committed to our people. We make sure you are happy and well rewarded, so that you pass that happiness onto our guest. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Complimentary car parking
• Perkz discount scheme
• Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
• Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.