To ensure the smooth running of the Housekeeping and Laundry Department ensuring all areas of the Hotel are cleaned and serviced to the required standard and to be aware of Security, Health and Safety and to always exceed our guests' expectations.
This is a permanent full time role based on a 5 out of 7 shift pattern which includes weekends and Bank Holidays.
The Head Housekeeper will be responsible for…
- Ensuring our guests are well looked after at all times and that any requests/comments made are acted upon immediately to the satisfaction of the guest.
- Organising the day to day operations to ensure the efficient functioning of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with the required standard.
- In conjunction with the General Manager and Financial Controller, planning and controlling the budget and expenditure for the year to maintain the department.
- Ensuring all staff attend all training sessions and that e-learning is completed before the first shift i.e. Fire Procedure, Security, Health and Safety.
- Ensuring rotas are completed and that each shift is covered appropriately at all times.
- Ensuring that all Housekeeping and Laundry staff are fully trained and that an active Training Plan is in operation, in terms of policy and procedures, health and safety and other matters relating to their role.
- Interviewing and selecting all Housekeeping and Laundry staff.
- Holding a department meeting bi-monthly to ensure that regular communication of hotel information is passed on to the staff.
- Conducting reviews and job chats with the relevant Supervisors and staff.
- Working directly with the Maintenance Department for the upkeep of bedrooms with regards to decoration and maintenance.
- Issuing and maintaining housekeeping uniforms.
- Conducting daily walkabouts and spot checks.
- Liaising with suppliers, making sure we have the right equipment for doing the job.
- Stock control and managing stock takes
- Ensuring there is a deep/spring cleaning schedule in place and that it’s carried out.
- Ensuring Housekeeping representation at morning meetings and HOD meetings.
- Ensuring Departmental Training Plans and Inductions are completed with each new starter.
- Conducting Duty management shifts.
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful Head Housekeeper will …
- Possess excellent people management skills
- Have previous experience in a Housekeeping management role, preferably in a four or five red star property
- Be able to effectively delegate
- Be able to demonstrate strong financial understanding
- Think strategically
- Display strong leadership skills
- Demonstrate a passion for Guests
- Be able to inspire, influence and motivate others
- Take pride in achieving results and celebrating success
- Be able to multi task
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Hotels and Venues are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
- Competitive salary
- Management Incentive Plan
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Exclusive Hotels and Venues is a family owned collection of six individual and characterful country house hotels and venues situated across the south of England. Offering every imaginable leisure, wedding, meeting and training requirement and more they are all situated in beautiful locations, surrounded by acres of stunning countryside and gardens.