Head Pastry Chef
In a Nutshell
A very rare opportunity has arisen at our 14th century Manor House Hotel in Castle Combe. We are looking for acreativeHead Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries and other sweet goods. You will designseasonal menus and developnew recipes for the pastry section of our kitchen. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers expectations.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
Our successful Head Pastry Chef will be responsible for;
- Ensure the smooth running of the Pastry Section, and develop thekitchen brigade to the required level and standards.
- Proactively seek new ways and methods of producing pastry products
- Work with the Head/ Exec chef to ensure menus are always reflecting current trends and guests requirements.
- You will have overall responsibility for creating new ideas for the dessert menu
- Manage stock control and product cost systems.
- Possess good communication skills within the kitchen and with other departments.
- Be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- Implement with the Head/Exec Chef training requirements for all kitchen personnel including health, hygiene and safety practices.
- Assist the Head / ExecChef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successfulHead Pastry Chefwill have
- A high level of understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
- The ability to help manage junior team members ensuring they are also aware of and follow safety guidelines without exception.
- Previous experience in a Luxury Hotel Kitchen would be preferable.
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are required in a 4*/5* Hotel environment.
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment.
- Ahigh level of motivation with exceptional attention to detail.
- Enjoy working as part of a large team and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be confident, professional and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated with exceptional attention to detail.
- You must have a have a good level of English with excellent communication skills.
What's in it for you?
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Collectionare committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but well give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We dont want you to hide your personality when youre at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. Youve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then were not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guestyoure happy to help, you have to mean it.