In a Nutshell
An exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced Head Sommelier in the 4 AA Rosette, 1 Michelin starred Latymer Restaurant at Pennyhill Park Hotel & Spa.
Working alongside Steve Smith and his team you will be a professional, passionate and organised Head Sommelier with an abundance of wine knowledge. You will be required to recommend a variety of suitable wines and beverages to our diners whilst ensuring your team of Sommeliers are trained and developed and have the correct knowledge for their role.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Head Sommelier will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all areas are properly stocked and set up ready for service.
- Making sure an effective wine and beverage service in the restaurant at all times.
- Supervising & manage Sommeliers.
- Responsible for wine list in order to assist guests with their choices, being able to make appropriate recommendations where necessary.
- Being aware of all bookings and any special guest requirements.
- Updating and keeping the wine selections and listing fresh and relevant.
- Carry out any wine tasting sessions as required by the team.
- Resolving any guest queries relating to wine and drink service.
- Ensuring the maintenance and cleanliness of all wine service equipment.
- Maintain all standards as would be required in a Michelin Star restaurant.
- Carry out any wine training as required by front of house team members
- Management of stock and inventory control
- Liaison with and build relationships with suppliers
- Support the Hillfield Restaurant team when required
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Head Sommelier will have:
- Previous experience as a Sommelier/ Head Sommelier in a Michelin star restaurant is essential
- Have a good knowledge of wine GP%
- Comprehensive knowledge of world wines and beverages
- Excellent knowledge and genuine passion for food
- Exceptional customer service standards
- Experience of managing a team
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Confident, professional and welcoming
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.