Hotel Operations Manager
In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous Hotels and Venues set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager will have a strong and proven hotel background looking for the next step up.
With proven experience of managing high volume, multi-unit operations, the successful applicant will be responsible for all hotel operations on a day to day basis. Exceptionally strong leadership qualities are essential with the ability to appreciate, manage and work within a property which is very diverse with high volume conference and banqueting facilities.
Lots to do but lots of fun
- Oversee and direct all aspects of the operation at the Hotel under the general guidance of the General Manager and within the limits of established policies and procedures
- Lead and develop direct reports, setting clear and measurable objectives. Ensure that objectives are delivered in line with the business strategy and objectives of the hotel and Exclusive.
- Optimise opportunities to drive revenues & exceed budgeted sales and profit targets.
- Create a sales culture across the operation.
- Deliver the standards expected of the hotel, monitoring and creating happiness across the Hotel and developing a customer care culture that generates loyalty and repeat business.
- Exceed the agreed measurement targets as principally monitored via Review Pro statistics, after-stay emails, written and verbal customer feedback.
- Deputise for the General Manager in their absence.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Hotel Operations Manager will have:
- Experience of working at a senior level, managing other departmental heads.
- Previous experience of running an operational food and beverage department.
- Understanding of front of house systems and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to be able to control payroll, liquor GP and operational expenses.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive and influence sales and control revenue capture.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and manage a team.
- Flexibility to work different shift patterns – hours as required/weekends.
- Customer Service experience and commitment to delivering this to a high standard.
- The ability to listen and respond to guest needs and to act as a senior host.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Can use initiative and have problem solving skills.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Management Incentive
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told him to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guess you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.
Exclusive Hotels and Venues