In a Nutshell
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a House Manager at the 124 bedroom, 45,000 sq.ft Pennyhill Park Hotel & Spa.
Under the general guidance of the General Manager you will oversee and direct all aspects of the Hotel Front of House and Housekeeping operation. Working in line with the business strategy, our ideal candidate will lead and develop direct reports setting clear and measurable objectives. The guest journey will be a key part of this role to ensure their experience is constantly reviewed and improved to develop an exceptional customer care culture and ensure the highest reputation, guest loyalty and repeat business is exceeded.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring continuous innovation in our Front of House and Rooms product, service and guest amenity programmes.
- Ensuring each element of the customer journey for each reporting department is continuously reviewed and enhanced, eliminating issues that generate customer complaints or frustrations, removing barriers to the teams work in delivering exemplary service.
- Monitor and manage ReviewPro, ensuring motivation of teams to excel and improve scored rating as well as co-ordinating guest follow-up and operational review when required.
- Contribute with the Executive Planning Committee in the preparation of the strategic plan, marketing plan and budgeting programme.
- Manage staffing levels across all areas to ensure a well-trained and well-presented, flexible, multi-skilled team available to deliver consistent excellent service.
- To ensure that all colleagues are immaculately presented at all times in line with our company grooming standards.
- Work alongside the HR department to ensure a thorough Recruitment and Employee Appraisal process is carried out.
- Co-ordinate the training of Duty Managers in all aspects of the fields of responsibilities ensuring competency of all tasks, processes and procedures,
- Manage all costs within departmental budgets, most notably wages and direct operational expenses.
- Ensure the rostering for all Housekeeping and Front of House departments is in line with business needs
- Ensure all opportunities to generate revenue for the hotel are maximised and there is a strong channel of communication between sales to ensure effective, efficient and wholly beneficial operations for both staff and guests alike.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Have a proven and stable track record in a similar role at a luxury 5* property
- Demonstrate a passion for exemplary guest-centric service skills and a commitment to delivering this to a consistently high standard
- Have a strong well-rounded background of Front Office and Housekeeping operations, systems and procedures
- Have high communication and Emotional Intelligence skills
- Excellent communicator with a proven track record in maintaining effective control and leadership of teams
- Demonstrates the ability to work to set budgets and targets as well as drive and influence sales and control revenue capture
- Be able to demonstrate good overall business acumen
- Ability to work 5 days out of 7, shift basis with flexibility
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be approachable and have a passion for people
- Be extremely organised and have excellent attention to detail
- Hold a valid UK driving license
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.