Human Resources Manager (Part time)
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a a passionate HR professional to take on the role of HR Manager at Lainston House Hotel.
This is a true generalist HR role and you will be responsible for all aspects of the HR function.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
Our successful Human Resources Manager will be responsible for;
- Recruitment and selection of team members including advertising, interviewing, referencing, offer and contract.
- The welfare of all employees ensuring that all staff facilities are monitored and kept in line with company procedure and policy.
- Oversee all employee benefit and loyalty programmes in the hotel.
- Manage staff accommodation.
- Organising and participating in the Staff Consultative Committee for the hotel.
- The provision of an employee relations advisory service to HOD’s to manage employee performance.
- Carry out investigations/disciplinary/grievance meetings as required.
- Deliver Company Induction on a regular basis, ensuring all new recruits attend on day 1 of employment.
- To ensure that new starters receive a comprehensive departmental induction.
- Co-ordinates attendance at training courses and liaises with Group Learning & Development Manager and external providers regularly.
- Management of the review and appraisals system.
- Management of all HR records both electronic and paper.
- Ensuring compliance with all immigration legislation and any risks are identified and eliminated.
- Production of monthly HR reports and statistics.
- To assist with any payroll queries as required.
- To participate in Senior and Full HOD meetings and promote HR activities/policies.
- Management of all day to day HR administration.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have HR experience from within the hospitality industry although we will also consider applications from backgrounds such as restaurants and retail.
- Generalist HR exposure at a minimum HR officer level is essential and ideally with some experience of training.
- Must be competent in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint with good organisation and administration skills
- Preferably experience of using HR software.
- Working knowledge of employment law and evidence of recent legislation.
- CIPD qualified or part qualified.
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to travel between hotels for attendance at group meetings and events when required.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.