Junior Sous Chef - Well House Restaurant
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Junior Sous Chef at Lainston House for our massively exciting New Well House Restaurant and Season’s Cookery School. Do you have a passion for outdoor and wood fire cooking? Can you work and present yourself well in an open Kitchen? Maybe you are the next Junior Sous Chef to join our team.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Able to manage a busy service with good communication with kitchen, front of house team and guests.
- To be able to work calmly and professional under pressure in a open kitchen environment
- To manage the day to day running tasks of the Well House restaurant and Seasons
- Must be confident in interacting with customers and serve the customers as part of the theatre service.
- Able to teach wood fired classes in Seasons and able to cover other classes if required
- Make sure the standard of food and service are executed to the highest standard at all times
- Responsible for all areas of H&S and HACCP for the Well House/Season
- Need to be aware and focused on local produce and build relationships with local suppliers
- Able to work closely and communicate with the garden team in regard to using the kitchen garden produce and maximising the use of the produce
- Be flexible. Weekends will be the prime times and be able to work in the main house kitchen if required to cover different areas of the main house kitchens.
- Able to rota according to the business, communicate with Executive Chef staff requirements at least two weeks before
- Able to manage the food orders and disposables for the Well House
- Responsible for maintaining the two bushman wood fired ovens to highest standards and for all the equipment in Seasons. Also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of Well House / Season to a very high standard.
- Able to train, develop, motivate staff and recruit casuals as required, working with the Executive Chef and HR Department.
- Able to create new dishes and development of menu alongside Executive Chef always looking to raise the bar
- Required to manage all delivers and stock and work with main kitchen to minimise overstocking
- Must take pride in appearance
- Carry out any reasonable request by the Exec /Head Chef or General Manager
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Junior Sous Chef will have;
- Experience in wood fired ovens and cooking with them
- Have a passion for wood fired cooking and outdoor cooking
- A proven, successful background from within a similar luxury hospitality environment
- A true passion for food
- Ability to lead a team
- Financial Acumen
- Ability to improve standards and implemented new ideas
- Initiative and creativity
- Effective communication skills
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.