Junior Sous Chef
To set and maintain standards and ensure smooth running of kitchen in accordance with Head / Exec Chef’s agreement. To maintain ongoing training with all chefs. Implementation of Health & Safety standards and assisting with budgetary controls.
Our successful Junior Sous Chef will:
- Assist with smooth running of the kitchen sections, and develop the kitchen brigade to the required level and standards.
- Proactively seek new ways and methods of producing menu and food products
- Work with the Head/ Exec chef to ensure menus are always reflecting current trends and guets requirements.
- Manage stock control and product cost systems.
- Possess good communication skills within the kitchen and with other departments.
- Be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- Implement with the Head/Exec Chef training requirements for all kitchen personnel including health, hygiene and safety practices.
- Assist the Head / Exec Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives
- Assist with team management to include, training & development, performance management and general welfare of team
- Assist the head/exec chef with the recruitment and selection of new brigade team members
- Carry out office management duties to include; rota's, ordering, supplier contact etc.
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful Junior Sous Chef will have…
- A high level of understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
- The ability to help manage junior team members ensuring they are also aware of and follow safety guidelines without exception.
- Previous experience in a luxury hotel kitchen would be preferable.
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are required in a 4*/5* Hotel environment.
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment.
- A high level of motivation with exceptional attention to detail.
- Enjoy working as part of a large team and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be confident, professional and have strong interpersonal skills.
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Hotels and Venues are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Exclusive Hotels and Venues is a family owned collection of six individual and characterful country house hotels and venues situated across the south of England. Offering every imaginable leisure, wedding, meeting and training requirement and more they are all situated in beautiful locations, surrounded by acres of stunning countryside and gardens.
Exclusive Hotels and Venues