Junior Sous Chef
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Junior Sous Chef to set and maintain standards and ensure smooth running of kitchen in accordance with Head / Exec Chef’s agreement. You will maintain ongoing training with all chefs and implement all elements of Health & Safety standards and assisting with budgetary controls.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
Our successful Junior Sous Chef will:
- Assist with smooth running of the kitchen sections, and develop the kitchen brigade to the required level and standards.
- Proactively seek new ways and methods of producing menu and food products
- Work with the Head/ Exec chef to ensure menus are always reflecting current trends and guets requirements.
- Manage stock control and product cost systems.
- Possess good communication skills within the kitchen and with other departments.
- Be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- Implement with the Head/Exec Chef training requirements for all kitchen personnel including health, hygiene and safety practices.
- Assist the Head / Exec Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives
- Assist with team management to include, training & development, performance management and general welfare of team
- Assist the head/exec chef with the recruitment and selection of new brigade team members
- Carry out office management duties to include; rota's, ordering, supplier contact etc.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Junior Sous Chef will have…
- A high level of understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
- The ability to help manage junior team members ensuring they are also aware of and follow safety guidelines without exception.
- Previous experience in a luxury hotel kitchen would be preferable.
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are required in a 4*/5* Hotel environment.
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment.
- A high level of motivation with exceptional attention to detail.
- Enjoy working as part of a large team and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be confident, professional and have strong interpersonal skills.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.