Latymer Commis Chef
In a Nutshell
We’re a collection of fabulous Hotels set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeking a Commis Chef at The Latymer Restaurant.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of the team of the Latymer Restaurant at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa. Recently awarded a Michelin Star, Chef Steve Smith offers a technically complex, yet engaging menu with classical themes and flavours staying true to themselves.
Do you believe in food that speaks for itself?
Do you believe in creating elegant, bold and delicious dishes that shout out exceptional quality?
Do you want to develop your culinary career and be a part of making the winning recipe?
If you are answering yes, to any of the above, then we want to hear from you!
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Commis Chef will be responsible for;
- Assisting the Demi and Chef de Partie in the smooth, safe, and efficient running of the kitchen operations, through food services and functions throughout the day.
- Having an understanding of specified food margins, and ensuring these are adhered to and achieved consistently, through close liaison with the Demi / Chef de Partie.
- Understanding of all relevant law and legislation, with regards to food handling, storage, hygiene and health and safety etc.
- Assist with all food preparations as delegated by the senior chefs
- To follow all recipe guidelines and standards as set by senior chefs
- Contributing where possible and assisting in the production of suitable innovative menu designs, for the relevant function and food services at the Hotel, through close liaison with the Chef de Partie.
- Ensuring the quality of the food is of the exceptional standard expected, when dining at our Hotel.
- Assisting the Chef de Partie in monitoring and controlling the quality of commodities used throughout food production.
- Being flexible and accommodating in the provision of catering requirements for hotel guests.
- Ensuring the Chef de Partie is kept aware of any relevant feedback from either the guests or the hotel staff.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Commis Chef will have;
- A true passion for food
- Have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Basic kitchen & knife skills
- Have a good understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Possess a willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.