In a Nutshell
As Maintenance Manager, you will be reporting directly to the General Manager and will take the overall responsibility for the general day to day maintenance for the Hotel and cookery school. You will also be responsible for a team and additional contractors. You will be responsible for onsite Health & Safety and Fire Safety Compliance.
Lots to do but lots of fun
- To ensure that the first impression of the property reflects the quality standard of the hotel.
- To ensure that there is pro-active projects taking place and/or planned to continually refresh and improve the guest experience.
- To ensure there is always adequate resources, people, time and materials available to deal with all eventualities.
- Oversee the refurbishment of public areas, bedrooms, mechanical and electrical plant.
- To follow up with each department on a regular basis on all works outstanding, planned or anticipated.
- To ensure all workshop and plant areas are in immaculate condition.
- To regularly inspect and monitor the condition of the entire building.
- To comply with all statutory testing requirements of boilers, emergency lighting, hose reel and extinguishers, dry risers, fixed electrical installation inspections, portable appliance testing, duty of care (waste disposal), exit signage, licensing inspections, generator maintenance, ups testing, gas installations, ansul system, lift inspections, COSHH workshop air quality testing and any other systems that apply at any time during the employment period.
- Act as liaison between the hotel and outside contractors or technical services on major projects.
- Manage repair and maintenance response times necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Understand the importance of building, maintenance and repair techniques increasing guest satisfaction in meeting and event areas.
- Conduct regular equipment checks and preventive maintenance reporting to minimize replacement costs.
- To monitor and supervise outside contracting staff to ensure compliance with the house rules.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with legislation and regulations pertaining to repair and maintenance e.g. building structure, decoration, gas, electric, sewerage, water.
- To compile and distribute team duty rotas, ensuring 7 day coverage, 365 days a year.
- To ensure the engineering team are familiar and comply with the company and Statutory Health and Safety procedures.
- Comply with Company purchasing procedures, utilising nominated suppliers and to provide feedback to procurement and Special Services on suppliers and services.
- Contribute to Hotel profit by controlling departmental costs, whilst maintaining service standards and product quality.
- Efficient stock/spares control to ensure that cash flow is not tied up unnecessarily.
- Monitors utility bills to ensure charges are correct. Keep regular internal communication on energy saving and consumption, taking part/leading the green team meetings when appropriate.
- To carry out Duty Management shifts and ensure that the Crisis/DM Manual is up-to-date with emergency contacts and procedures. To support Duty Management training.
- To communicate with the Falconer to ensure areas are maintained and Holidays are covered.
- To conduct Fire Training every 6 months and quarterly for live in and night staff.
- Responsible for the ongoing update and management of the property online health and safety portal Shieldyourself, ensuring that all actions are up to date and relevant, helping to eliminate risk of any health and safety breaches.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Experience in managing a team.
- Experience of maintaining a quality hotel/establishment.
- NEBOSH Diploma would be an advantage or a similar recognised by IOSH.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- You will demonstrate initiative and be a flexible self-starter, working with minimal direction.
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety and Fire Regulations.
- A skill based qualification such as Plumbing, Carpentry etc.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of basic maintenance repairs.
- Good proven organisation and planning skills gained through previous experience.
- Personable and hands-on .
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.