In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Maintenance Supervisor at Lainston House Hotel. You will supervise the general day to day maintenance work and duties for the hotel. You will also supervise the maintenance team along with any additional contractors, during and in the absence of Maintenance manager. By carrying out PPM, your job will be vital to assure that our guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Supervise the team and the general day to day maintenance work for the Hotel
- To help supervise the Health and Safety function for the Hotel, ensuring strict compliance with all Health and Safety requirements, maintaining detailed and comprehensive records
- Carry out any PPM on all plant rooms and public area’s
- Help supervise the refurbishment of public areas, bedrooms, mechanical and electrical plant.
- All public areas are maintained to the highest standard possible ensuring that customer (internal and external) needs are met and exceeded.
- Assist in the training and development of all team members within the department.
- Support the department with any project or task being carried out within the Hotel when required.
- Build a good rapport with external contractors to ensure servicing and maintenance of all plant goes smoothly and to ensure that any call outs placed are responded to in a timely manor
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal Maintenance Supervisor will have;
- Previous experience of working within a Hotel maintenance team
- A proactive approach
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Be well organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work productively in an ever changing environment
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.