In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous Hotels and Venues set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
If you enjoy variety and meeting lots of new people every day you might like to join and lead our Reception team. We are now looking for a Reception Manager – someone who would like to be the friendly face our guests when entering the hotel. This is a pivotal role, to ensure all our guests experience a warm welcome, whether they come for the day, or for a longer stay.
Our Guests tell us that they love the home from home feel, and being made to feel welcome the moment they arrive. If you enjoy making people happy and have experience from within the hotel sector leading a front of house team, send us your CV now!
Lots to do but lots of fun
- Ensure that guest’s expectations are exceeded at all times in all areas of reception/front of house department.
- Leading from the front by being very visible to guests, interacting at every possibility, building a strong rapport and ensuring that every guest need or requirement is catered for.
- Profiles of guests are updated so we can create memorable experiences on return visits.
- Deal effectively with more challenging guest situations in-house and resolve them appropriately.
- Log any guest comments or feedback and effectively communicate within the team.
- Ensure that there is good follow up in place so that any in-house situations are effectively resolved.
- Monitor team member performance to develop them within the department.
- Promote sales awareness positively within department and to maximise sales opportunities, inclusive promoting upgrades, afternoon teas, dinner reservations and other hotel services.
- Maintain key and cash security in accordance with company standards.
- Ensure revenue is not being written off, and that daily Adjustment Reports are sent to Accounts with the day’s banking
- Maintain control of pending accounts, credit checks, credit limits, corrections and adjustments in accordance with company standards.
- Control and monitor room allocations to ensure bedroom stock is not over used resulting in extra refurbishments and damage to bedroom furnishings
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Previous management experience in a similar luxury hotel within a front office department.
- Proficiency in Front of House and Reservations Property Management systems (HART would be beneficial)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Word, Outlook and Excel
- High initiative, problem solving and common sense practise
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Highly effective at Complaint handling, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience performing the roll of Duty Manager in a similar environment
- High level of communication performance and skills
- People management and enthusiasm for learning and development
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz – our discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Bike to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
Like any hotel group we expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.