Senior Shift Engineer
In a Nutshell
We are the Exclusive Collection, set in beautiful countryside and our places are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeking a Senior Shift Engineer at South Lodge Hotel & Spa. Working alongside the rest of the Maintenance team but based primarily within the Spa, you will ensure that all facilities within the Spa are maintained to the highest standards. By carrying out PPM, your job will be vital to assure that our guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Ensure that all Health and Safety & statutory requirements are carried out in a timely manor and all records kept up to date and recorded accordingly.
- Make sure plant and controls within the Spa are serviced/ maintained and kept in full working condition.
- Carry out any PPM on all Spa plant rooms and public area’s
- All public areas within the Spa are maintained to the highest standard possible ensuring that customer (internal and external) needs are met and exceeded.
- Assist in the training and development of all team members within the department.
- Support the department with any project or task being carried out within the Hotel when required.
- Build a good rapport with external contractors to ensure servicing and maintenance of all plant goes smoothly and to ensure that any call outs placed are responded to in a timely manor
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal Senior Shift Engineer will have;
- Previous experience of working with in a Hotel/ Spa maintenance team
- A proactive approach
- A recognised qualification in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Be well organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work productively in an ever changing environment
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across the Exclusive Collection
- Discounts on food and beverage across the Exclusive Collection
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.