In a Nutshell
We are looking for someone with a passionate interest in sourcing and using local produce who will be responsible for day to day supervision, preparation and service of food within the kitchen, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times to the standards required by the Castle Inn. To ensure that strict hygiene controls are kept in all Kitchen areas when under your supervision. To undertake any specific function of Kitchen management as delegated by the Exec/Head Chef.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Sous Chef will be responsible for;
- To ensure smooth running of kitchen operation at all times
- Understanding of and implementation of sound stock control
- Good communication skills within the kitchen and with other departments.
- To be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- Assist the Exec/Head Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives for your section
- Make sure the standard of food and service are executed to the highest standard at all times
- To run the kitchen in the absence of the Exec/Head chef
- Ordering of stock as necessary in conjunction with the head chef
- To Ensure all financial aspects of the kitchen management are adhered to in particular carry out all costings within the budget levels
- Management of food flash, processing of invoices and upkeep of revenue figures in the absence of the Executive chef
- Controlling food wastage and shrinkage
- Maintain the highest levels of food hygiene and health and safety at all times.
- To set s professional standard of conduct of the highest standards of customer care and to ensure that all staff give guest satisfaction
- Assist in recruitment of the right staff, working with Executive Head chef and HR department
- Ensure every new starter in the kitchen follows a comprehensive induction plan in their first 3months
- Support and monitor training and development of all staff in kitchen
- Report any problems to the Exec/head chef
- Carry out any reasonable request by the Exec /Head chef or general manager
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Sous Chef will have;
- A proven, successful background from within a similar hospitality environment
- A true passion for food
- Ability to lead a team
- Financial Acumen
- Ability to improve standards and implemented new ideas
- Initiative and creativity
- Effective communication skills
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.