Spa Reception and Housekeeping Manager
In a Nutshell
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Spa Reception and Housekeeping Manager. You will deliver and oversee standards of guest care, be passionate about delivering professional, efficient and exceptional guest service at all times and will possess strong organisational skills.
You will be fantastic at guest care and great at multi-tasking – you will manage The Spa reception and housekeeping teams, and ensure that the public areas are maintained to an exceptionally high standard. This role sits at the hub of The Spa, you will be an important first contact for our guests using the spa facilities, and a key responsibility is to ensure the customer journey throughout the spa is executed to a high standard.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- The Guest Journey – ensuring smooth running of the entire guest experience
- Manage and communicate all guest feedback
- Ensuring the smooth running of spa operation – all equipment in working order, reporting faults, ensuring actions followed through, creating processes and procedures to ensure smooth running
- Writing of rota, times sheets and holidays
- Conduct quarterly job chats with all team members
- Management of the reception and housekeeping teams
- Take remedial / disciplinary action when required
- Duty management shifts
- Recruitment and full on-boarding of new starters
- Drive the reception team to maximise up selling and revenue-generating opportunities
- Managing the IT systems relating to spa reception
- Carrying out Spa Health & Safety training and ensure all spa personnel are up to date
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Spa Reception and Housekeeping Manager will have;
- Industry relevant qualifications to include degree, HND or Advanced GNVQ
- Previous experience in a Spa environment at a similar level is preferable
- A minimum of 1 year in a Supervisory role, and 2 years in Front Office
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering exceptional guest service
- Recruitment and selection, training and development, systems and processes, IT skills, financial acumen, management of Health and Safety
- Work with flexibility and enthusiasm for the profession
- Be a team player
- Be eligible to work in the UK
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.