In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking an Apprentice Gardener to join our grounds team and assist in the maintenance and ongoing improvement of the hotels gardens and grounds to include the terrace, pond and hedging.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Gardener will be responsible for…
- Maintaining the tractors, chainsaws, lawn mowers, blowers and all garden equipment to ensure they are in perfect working order.
- Cutting and maintain the lawns (feeding etc) to ensure a perfect lawn for our guests.
- General tree maintenance (i.e. feathering/disease) and production of logs for fires.
- Ensuring the grounds are well maintained to meet the guest’s expectations.
- Areas are kept manicured and that the grass is mowed and maintained
- All beds and borders must be kept weed free and planted out with bedding plants
- Responsible for the safe keeping of the drive in winter conditions to ensure safety at all times.
- To assist in the safekeeping and tidiness of all public areas including the drives and footpaths
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Gardener will have…
- Genuine interest or desire to progress in gardening/ horticulture
- Ability to work both as part of a team or unsupervised
- Experience of handling gardening machinery and the required certificates of competence
- Attention to detail
- Physical fitness and stamina
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary food whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.