In a Nutshell
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Conference & Banqueting Manager.
This role is instrumental in ensuring that all Conference and Banqueting operations run successfully and in line with all guest requirements. A hands on position where you are expected to not only manage the team but also work alongside them, leading by example and demonstrating luxury standards.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Display a professional image of Exclusive Collection by delivering the company values and demonstrating the courtesy standards and non negotiables at all times.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- To attend all training courses as and when required.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- As the hotel’s level of business varies considerably, there is a need for flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Assistant Conference & Banqueting Manager will have:
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience in a similar 4 to 5 star standard hotel within a conference and banqueting department
- Flexibility to work different shift patterns
- Customer Service experience and commitment to delivering this to a high standard
- The ability to listen and respond to guest needs
- Well presented
- Good time keeping and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Can use initiative and have problem solving skill
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage Employer.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.