In a Nutshell
A unique and fantastic opportunity has arisen here at Pennyhill Park for a full time, permanent Assistant People & Development Manager to join the team. As the Assistant Manager you will assist the People & Development Manager in the day to day running of the department, maintaining positive working relationships and providing a constantly high standard of administrative support to enable the smooth running of the HR function at this busy hotel.
** This role requires HR presence on-site, so will require you to work from the hotel**
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Assistant People & Development Manager will be the first port of call for our team members with questions or who may require support. The core of the role is detailed below;
- Preparing offer and on boarding paperwork.
- Process starters, leavers and the preparation of payroll each month
- Absence management
- Maintaining accurate employee files.
- Obtain references for new starters.
- Respond to reference requests.
- Process starters and leavers within our payroll system
- Manage & co-ordinate work placements for schools, colleges and universities.
- To assist with the recruitment process.
- Ensure a detailed recruitment database is maintained.
- Assist with careers fairs and open days
Training & Development:
- To assist with the delivery of courses and workshops including company induction
- To run compliance reports for online training weekly and follow up where necessary.
- Book employees on relevant courses when needed.
- Track our employee recognition & reward scheme ensuring an adequate stock of prizes at all times.
- Confident using Social Media platforms
- To be an active part of our staff committee.
- To be a role model for our Company values and standards.
- Assist with employee relations including acting as note taker during investigations, disciplinary and grievance meetings.
- When employees are off to pastures new to carry out exit interviews to obtain their feedback
- Manage Staff Accommodation arrivals, from room allocation to welcome packs.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
The successful candidate will be an experienced HR generalist (minimum 3 years experience) within the hospitality, leisure or retail sector. You’ll have a passion for people, with a helping and supportive nature. You’ll be highly motivated and a self starter who can take instruction but also have the ability to work with autonomy and ownership.
You’ll be a skilled administrator with a high proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Attention to detail and accuracy must be of the highest standard. Organisation skills are essential, as is the ability to multi task and manage conflicting priorities.
You must demonstrate at all times exemplary levels of professionalism and confidentiality.
CIPD qualified or part qualified, or equivalent – (level 5 is essential, level 7 would be a bonus!)
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
· Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage Employer.
· 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
· 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
· Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
· PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
· Meals on duty provided for free
· Recognition and rewards scheme
· Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
· Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
· B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
· Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
· Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.