Chef de Partie - Banqueting
In a Nutshell
Working as part of the banqueting brigade, producing food for a range of guest events (from weddings to board meetings), for our delicious Bar, Lounge and Terrace and afternoon tea menu and not forgetting creating tasty food for our own teams as well.
Your main duties will be to ensure high standards of efficiency in the running of the section whilst always aiming for an increase in standards and profitability. Assist the Sous Chefs in the preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times and ensuring that the designated Kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and professional
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Chef de Partie - Banqueting will be responsible for…
- Assisting the brigade in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the banqueting kitchen operation.
- Responsible for the day to day running of any given section
- Demonstrating a committed approach to the development of creative banqueting menus and service in the kitchen.
- Ensuring the quality of food is of the exceptional standard expected of the hotel
- Continually striving towards achievement and improvement
- Ensuring the Sous Chef is kept aware of any relevant feedback from either the hotel guests or hotel staff
- Assisting on other sections or help with other duties when required
- Training and delegation of tasks to the Commis Chef and Demi CDP
- Ordering on a daily basis, whilst keeping in mind stock usage, menu planning and business levels
- The cleanliness, stock control, organisation and standards of the section
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Chef de Partie - Banqueting will have;
- Proven experience from within a similar high quality banqueting environment
- A true passion for food
- Have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Good kitchen & knife skills
- Have a thorough understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Possess a willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
- Experience of supervising and guiding others
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.