In a Nutshell
The Latymer - Pennyhill Park Hotel’s premier fine dining experience. This exclusive, 50 cover, flagship restaurant enables guests to enjoy the highest quality cuisine complemented by unparalleled service. Awarded a Michelin Star, Chef Steve Smith offers a technically complex, yet engaging menu with classical themes and flavours staying true to themselves. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Pastry Chef de Partie to join the Latymer kitchen brigade and help prepare these amazing dishes.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Pastry Chef de Partie will be responsible for;
- Assisting the brigade in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the kitchen operation.
- Responsible for the day to day running of any given section, primarily pastry
- Demonstrating a committed approach to the development of creative menus and service in the kitchen.
- Ensuring the quality of food is of the exceptional standard expected when dining at the hotel
- Continually striving towards achievement and improvement
- Ensuring the Sous Chef is kept aware of any relevant feedback from either the hotel guests or team.
- Assisting on other sections or help with other duties when required.
- Training and delegation of tasks to the Commis Chef and Demi CDP.
- Ordering on a daily basis, whilst keeping in mind stock usage, menu planning and business levels
- The cleanliness, stock control, organisation and standards of the section
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Pastry Chef de Partie will have;
- Proven experience from within a similar luxury hospitality environment
- Michelin experience preferred but not essential
- A true passion for food
- Have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Good kitchen & knife skills
- Have a thorough understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Possess a willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
- Experience of supervising and guiding others
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.