Chef de Partie - Pastry
In a Nutshell
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef de Partie to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goodies. Your skill in making high quality foods should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
As Chef de Partie, you will maintain high standards and ensure smooth running of the kitchen in accordance with the Head Pastry Chef. You will maintain ongoing training with all chefs and ensure that the day to day work is completed.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Chef de Partie Pastry will be responsible for
- Assisting the Pastry Chef they will ensure a smooth service from preparation to plating.
- Running the section through service, and where appropriate guiding and coaching the more junior members of the team.
- Ensuring standards are met and maintained by all and demonstrating high levels of attention to detail and pride in the dishes that you produce.
- To complete Health and Safety and Food Safety training
- Understanding of and implementation of sound stock control and product costs.
- Good communication skills within the kitchen sections and with other hotel departments.
- To be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- To help and assist Head Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
- Training and development of more junior members of the team
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Chef de Partie - Pastry will have;
- Proven experience from within a similar luxury hospitality environment
- A true passion for food and specifically for pastry items
- Have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Good kitchen & knife skills
- Have a thorough understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
- Possess a willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
- Experience of supervising and guiding others
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary car parking
- Perkz discount scheme
- Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
- Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.